Benefits of Water
How much water is too much? Not even the so-called experts can agree. Some say we don't drink enough water while others say we drink too much.
But both sides of the argument agree that the human body needs water to stay healthy. Here are a few of the ways water is beneficial to humans:
- Fights daytime fatigue
- Helps improve memory
- Nourishes the skin
- Vital for digestion, nutrient absorption and chemical reactions
- Helps eliminate toxins from your body
- Assists in blood circulation
- Helps cool the body
- May help prevent kidney stones and urinary tract infections
- Improves muscle tone
- Helps lubricate joints
Some believers in the holistic approach go even further by claiming proper intake of water can help cure some of the most common health ailments.
This is what they have to say:
- Two cups of water and a 20-minute break will overcome most headaches.
- Back pain is often the result of a lack in body fluid levels. Drinking water and exercising will keep spinal disks lubricated, thus avoiding pain.
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is often caused by a lack of water.
- Arthritis pain can be alleviated by an intake of more water and "gentle rhythmic movements of the joints."
- Water can lower histamine levels in the body which will aid asthma and allergy
Regardless of which side of this too-little, too-much argument one is on, the reality is that the proper intake of water will benefits our health.